Budget Linux Audio Studio Project

January 03, 2005

Isolation Room - Tools and Test

Over the Christmas Holidays, I received a slew of gifts related to the isolation room including a drywall repair kit, a saw, a box cutter, and a book on design, which is very cool. I did more precise measuring when I got back into town and concluded that a 7.5x14 room is pretty much what I'm looking at if I want to be able to fit storage and a car into the garage as well. As a test we're going to set up the whole band on one half of the garage this week and test it out, just to see if it's really enough space to practice in. I fear that it will basically end up being for recording only and not for practicing with the whole band. I think the way to fix that is by making a window which does 1 good thing and 1 bad thing : It gives the bassist the ability to sit outside of the isolation room and still jam with the band, but it leaks more sound no matter what because glass is going to be harder to sound-proof than drywall. We will see how it works. Before pictures coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home