Budget Linux Audio Studio Project

December 11, 2004

DAW - Research

This week I set up my computer with the Planet CCRMA kernel (low-latency) and the ALSA sound drivers on my crappy little sound card and single-processor VIA chipset POS computer. I installed Audacity, Ardour, and Hydrogen to mess around with.

Ardour wouldn't start because I didn't have the patch installed that allowed non-root users to start the Jack server. Audacity worked fine though, even though ALSA was running--which is weird because Audacity only uses the OSS layer and it says in the Planet CCRMA documentation that ALSA cannot run with the OSS libs loaded. I'm not complaining either way.

Anyway. I was messing with a song Tom and I wrote last weekend and constructed the drum track in Hydrogen, threw it into Audacity and recorded my Acoustic over it. You can check out the result after a little noise reduction here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home