Budget Linux Audio Studio Project

December 10, 2004

Isolation Room - Reference

In doing research for the isolation room, I've come across some recommended reading material that I'll try to get my hands on.
  • Drywall Hanging - A book on how to hang drywall right. Now, I'm sure that it's so that the drywall looks good and is smoothe, and may be overkill for this project, but it's a good skill to pick up, right?
  • Building a Recording Studio - Dealing with the acoustics of the isolation and the control room. I think this would be very helpful to read in the planning stages of this project.
  • Modern Recording Techniques - I was suggested this by Patrick Turbiville who recorded our first album. He set up his studio and this was at the top of the list of things to do when I told him I wanted to build my own.
Also, Lucas Pettey from my band is going to put me in touch with an acoustic designer he knows from Florida to get a quick 20-30 minute phone consulation on the job. It should be very valuable to get the input from someone who can take the specifics of the situation into account and has practical experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home